Tuesday, August 25, 2020

In support of of STICKS AND STONES, Three Murder Mysteries, published in 2020. The novella was nominated as a finalist in the Eyelands 2022 book awards (Greece). 

~Brotherly Love is no match for a young woman haunted by her past. The Grisly Business of Murder pits a husband against his wife. Family Matters when a young man is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend. Three murders, three suspects. Who is truly guilty?~

 

From the introduction: “Many years ago, I had the pleasure of teaching Karen in a university-level creative writing class. At first I was simply pleased to have such a nifty and innovative writer in the group. By mid-term, I had begun to anticipate her stories among those that were handed in. And by the end of term I found myself sifting through the pile to get to her stories first. They were that good. 

 

When I think of Karen's writing, I think surprise; I think intimacy; I think fearlessness and curiosity and adventures of the heart. I think of a writer going into places where readers want to go but where many writers wouldn't dare take them. Which is exactly what we want from a writer of mystery and suspense.”

 

Charles Wilkins is the winner of five National Magazine Awards and has been a finalist for the Writers' Trust Non-Fiction Prize, among other awards. His acclaimed non-fiction includes The Circus at the Edge of the Earth and Walk to New York. His memoir In the Land of Long Fingernails is about a summer he spent working in a large Toronto cemetery. He makes his home in Muskoka, ON.